Blowout Bar. You may have heard the word from a member of your family, friend, or colleague-but do you know what it is? Blowout hair treatments have been around for decades. With the rise of blow dry bars, the definition has evolved and can vary depending upon the salon. A blowout in its purest form is the art of drying hair after washing to attain a soft look, style, and feel with no curling or flat iron involved!
SO, WHAT IS A BLOW DRY BAR?
A blow dry bar is a salon that provides exclusively blowouts. The service includes a wash, blow dry and hair styling – no cut, no color! But at Reborn Blow Bar, they’re much more than that. They are an experience. Their blowouts provide you 45 minutes of relaxation, beautification, and happiness! When I walked in I was immediately offered cold water or a French Press Coffee. Hope was super friendly and welcoming. The salon was bright, open, and airy. It had a loft feel with exposed brick walls and subway tiles. In addition to a variety of different blowouts, they also offer add-on services, such as a 10-minute scalp massage or deep conditioning hair mask to nourish your hair further and relax your mind complete with an aromatherapy oil of your choice.
HOW DOES A BLOWOUT WORK?
They’ve revolutionized the traditional blowout, several different unique styles, from old Hollywood waves to sleek, city-inspired hair, volume, and curl, to get the look you want.
Here are the 7 basic steps to use to deliver their signature blowout:
- She thoroughly prepped my hair with an intense shampoo and conditioning wash – this is also where I experienced the aromatherapy 10-minute scalp massage
- After washing my hair, she towel-dried it to get rid of any excess moisture
- Then she applied some products to condition and detangled my hair before the blowout
- Next, she sectioned my hair using our hair clips to separate strands without leaving dents
- Then she used a blow dryer and round ceramic brushes with controlled techniques to minimize frizz and get the style of my choice
- One of the last steps was the “cool shot” to set my hair, locking in the style and shine
- Finally, she used high-quality hair products to add finishing touches, such as soft dimension and texture
Since a blow dryer doesn’t get as hot as ironing tools, they are able to achieve the style you want without risking damage to your hair. They also believe in eduction. She made sure to point out techniques that I could use at home myself to achieve a similar blowout experience.
HOW LONG DOES A BLOWOUT LAST?
A blowout is designed to last; it can hold its shape anywhere from 3 to 5 days, depending on the texture and thickness of your hair. Your hair may start to adapt to the shape and style, making it last a little bit longer each time if you decide to start treating yourself to blowouts regularly. They will also recommend hairstyle tips and products, such as a dry shampoo and conditioner, to help absorb oils, clean your hair and extend your blowout in between services.
WHEN TO GET A BLOWOUT?
Whenever you want! Hope and the team at Reborn Blow Bar are committed to making their clients feel like a million bucks, no matter what day of the week. Depending on your hair texture you may find that getting a blowout regularly is much easier than doing it yourself. I know I do!
Treat yourself! It’s well worth it and you’ll enjoy the lasting benefits of a blowout to keeping your hair in good condition. Don’t forget to ask for Hope!